Teupitz is a small town in the Dahme-Spreewald district, in Brandenburg, Germany. It is the administrative seat of the Schenkenländchen municipal association.GeographyThe town is situated on the southern shore of Teupitzer See lake, 29km northwest of the district capital Lübben, and about 45km south of Berlin centre. The municipal area comprises the subdivisions of Egsdorf, Neuendorf and Tornow.It has access to the Bundesautobahn 13, part of the European route E55, at the nearby Teupitz junction.DemographyDetailed data sources are to be found in the Wikimedia Commons.HistoryTeupitz probably arose from a medieval Slavic settlement during the Ostsiedlung of German peasants and craftsmen. A Tupcz fortification was first mentioned in a 1307 deed, issued by Margrave Herman of Brandenburg at Spandau. The Ascanian rulers of Margraviate of Brandenburg had just acquired the estates in the former March of Lusatia from Margrave Dietrich IV of Wettin.